Monday 23 January 2006

things I am trying to do

learn to drive on the left side of the road
  • without hitting the curb
  • or swearing like a mobster
  • or injuring my 20-year driving experienced ego
  • or panicking at a 2-laned roundabout

ride my bike in the cold
  • without bitching
  • and getting muddy trousers

work out like a person who loves working out
  • while trying not to obsess about my tick-tick in my head until white dress time
  • without getting mad about my lack of instant and immediate and show-stopping results (what, that spinning class didn't drop a dress size? the OUTRAGE)

plan 2 weddings

  • without becoming a person who cares very very much about placecards
  • without making hundreds of tiny lists and then taking a nap
  • without obsessing about everyone matching
  • while hoping that things will just work out more or less

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol darling,

Are you there? What are you doing tomorrow (30JAN)? I have just realized that I have "misplaced" the email that has your mobile number and I would love to talk to you.

Pilot Dave is doing a flight today (29JAN) to LHR, arriving 30JAN @ 0730 and I was thinking of tagging along. Can you come to play with me in London? Would love to see you. Please call (519 846-6695)or email your telephone number (chris@tynavon.ca)if you have the chance. We will be leaving home about 1400 EST (1900 GMT) so I would love to hear from you if you get this message.

Your loving brother,
Chris
P.S. Returning to the great white north on 31JAN @ 1300. XOXO