- We do not have broadband or a TV signal until next week making it 10 days sans connections. Am forced to Dial UP! And monitor my online time as it is 4p a minute!
- We have an awesome home. Front stoop complete with in-law created hanging flower baskets. (my first!)
- Back garden for table/chairs/laundry line
- conservatory for total tea time with book and watching the sky
- SEAGULLS! We are in the urban city, but no so far from the Firth of Forth, so instead of pigeons, we have literal squawking seagulls laughing and swooping.
- Within 2 blocks: health food store, wine shop, Indian, Tapas, 3 pubs, Thai, Italian, Take Away joint, Coffee, 3 news agents, John Lewis & large shopping center, Fishmonger, award-winning butcher, florist, cute paper/cards store. WHAT MORE COULD A GIRL ASK FOR? Ok, a bookstore/library & a Bobbi Brown or Aveda store and a yoga center and a gym, but still... not shabby.
- Despite a funds freeze, we have a small amount allocated for home decor -- and bought a great stripy rug for the l room. And god help us, we are going to Ikea today.
- Promise to post photos as soon as I am organized.
- We also have a power shower that makes you glad you are dirty.
- I have to find a job.
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. -Marcel Proust
Wednesday, 2 August 2006
10 initial reactions
Posted by charming gardener at 11:31
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
how close is the nearest doner kebab truck? maybe they only come out at night?
Post a Comment