Tuesday 7 July 2009

da belly




OK, I am feeling brave enough and preggo enough to share these. And perhaps it is cultural, but no strangers have come up to me to touch my belly. Perhaps it is because many of the lassies here look like they have Iron Bru and sausage roll babies growing and it is too hard to tell if a gal is with child or with lunch.

If it looks like I am sweaty and possibly annoyed, it is because I am. (Mark & I had a bit of an awkward/dissatisfying photo shoot. "Turn SIDEWAYS" "I AM!" "Put your hand down" "I am hot" "JUST TAKE THE PICTURE") Sigh. He is a a better builder than photographer, which is OK by me.

Note, my the NON wedding ring on my marriage finger.
Oh yeah, sausage hands.

Onward and outward!

7 comments:

MK said...

You looks BEAUTIFUL! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been waiting for photos!

You look great...and I noticed the non-wedding ring immediately. I have the ring my mom wore when she was pregnant and her wedding ring no longer fit.

Mary

charming gardener said...

Me too! Except now it doesn't fit me!

sinead said...

i am soooo sad that i cannot lunge and press my hands against yer belly in my slightly obsessed way since i love preggo bellies ... great pix carol!!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable! Thanks for posting the pictures. I did not notice the lack of ring -- but I did notice how nicely your sweater matches the background color of your blog page!

Andy

Madeline (aka Miri) said...

I love these! I also love that you explained why you are sweaty and annoyed. I think Tom and i had a similar photo shoot :)

BTW - no one every touched my belly either time I was prego. I think I am too intimidating to risk the petting of belly. No one asks me to touch my babies either. I give them that look and they think better of it.

Anonymous said...

Carol - You look GREAT...very healthy (albeit sweaty and annoyed!). I'd be one of those annoying people who would want to touch your belly!

xoxo,
Meg