a) wow, I wrote a LOT of notes in grade school
b) wow, I can't believe how much of my childhood stuff my parents KEPT... and moved ... and moved again.
I would very much like to be the kind of parent that has lovely scrapbooks of tickets and locks of hair and cute appropriate first photos -- all labeled and dated and official. And I am afraid it isn't going to happen. Not now anyway...
In theory, I am that person, but I somehow can't be arsed as it seems so tedious. Can I blame not having a basement to store things?
Instead, maybe I can capture moments in time of what it is like for Lew in his life on this day.
8 months and 4 weeks
- loves toast, yogurt, water and cheese. (who is his mother) and vegetables (who is his father). and breastmilk (the kid has good taste)
- 3.5 teeth -- 2 bottoms and 1 front and 1/2 of the other front... fangs imminent
- crawling fast and furiously, pulling up on furniture, learning to fall gracefully on his nice padded bum instead of crashing with his head
- loves people -- smiles at all strangers and loves attention. a serious ham-bone and loves other babies -- and of course his mom and dad
- takes 2 naps a day, usually at 10ish and at 2ish. Bath at 6:30 ish and bed at 7 and sleeps with a few wake ups until about 7
- peek a boo makes him seriously CRACK up
- loves music and watching (hearing?) people sing
- not all that interested in stuffed animals, but likes balls, wheels and things he can shove in his mouth, which is actually pretty big
- First noise (not really a word) was BA - then MA MA (which is CLEARLY a word) and we get the only occasional (sorry Mark) DA.
- Is scared of the vacuum cleaner and my exercise ball
- Has been very squirmy but starting to chill out and sit nicely on a lap
- Goes to sleep listening to lullabies
- Hates hats
- And bibs
- Will not let you feed him
- Has a heart melting smile
- Likes to hold hands and lots of cuddles
- Books are OK as long as they have stuff to feel
- Makes friends everywhere he goes -- each line of each shop ...
- Leaves no corner unexplored, especially where we haven't baby proofed
- Is genuinely good company
- Has blue eyes which if they remain, will be from his paternal grandmother!
- Is currently called Lewberry or Lewbear
- Gets very busy sorting things (in his own categories unbeknownst to anyone else)
- Has very light brown hair and very fine and what looks to be his uncle g's hairline
- Shrieks inexplicably
- Grabs glasses, pulls hair and bits of flesh
- Drools constantly
- Is adored by his parents
- Emerging to be an exciting, curious, loving, sweet, sociable boy -- just like we ordered!