I like being a pregnant person. (And no, that is not my stomach up there. I am holding out on those kinds of photos until there is no shadow of a doubt it is Baby Not Burgers)
- People are nice to you.
- They care about how you are doing. And mean it.
- They think being round is Cute. For Once.
- Resting is important and excused
- People squeal when they see you
- And are really genuinely excited for you
- You get to buy big clothes
- You no longer need to (or can) hold your gut in
- Not seeing your feet is comical, not tragic
- Looking good is secondary, OK, tertiary, to feeling good
- Asking for help comes really easily
- It matches my already advanced need for quiet time and naps and comfy bottoms
What's going to happen after the boy comes? Will I get any attention? Will I care? Is this the ultimate test of being a Grown Up? It is no longer about you -- and that is OK? Does the maternal love kick in and all that matters is the Baby?
Being a Very Important Pregnant Person is lovely. I look forward to seeing if I can give up the crown graciously to my new Prince.
A boy! Yeah! Of course, couldn't you just write a headline announcing "It's a Boy!" rather than making us read the entire post?
if you were on facebook, you'd already know! So there.
It is going to be a boy!
um, which andy?
Andy, even I'm on facebook...and joined solely to get the news on the baby.
u r always so funny.
p.s. what is a niggle? Can I buy one?
I'm going to buy your baby a denim onsie and a denim blanket.
Post a Comment