Monday 5 March 2007

hate and love

Things I hate
1. starting to feel my age
2. the awkward time between finishing a good book and starting the next one
3. re-runs you have seen so many times you can glimpse one scene and call the episode
4. not knowing if I am too old to reproduce
5. after I ask “what, pardon me” 3 times and I still can’t understand a Glaswegian accent
6. not knowing where we will be living/what we will be doing in 6 months
7. my round reflection in store windows
8. having a temporary job
9. not knowing where I belong
10. my never ending black-bruised fingernail
11. not taking advantage of free time

Things I love
1. my new MacBook
2. having to figure out my taxes. Again.
3. feeling lifted when spending time with people I really like
4. good pens
5. remembering I like music; the new Patty Griffin CD
6. not knowing where we will be living/what we will be doing in 6 months
7. the first purple crocus heads popping up
8. having a temporary job
9. belonging wherever I go
10. my Amaretto shade of nail varnish
11. King of Queens
12. a whiff of possibility
13. blended soup
14. having more things I love than hate

No comments: