I don't know if it is homesickness, sickness in general, or just a lust for yesteryear, but they have the BEST selection of 80s and 90s American TV here. They have a channel called ABC1 -- which is like the JV loser team of TV. The afternoon line up has such classics as:
- Moonlighting - when Bruce Willis had hair and amazingly Cybil Shepard looks exactly the same but wears awful outfits with hats. It is surprisingly hard to watch.
- Nurses- this horrid sit-com that was born as a spin-off of The Golden Girls and Empty Nest. (Where IS Kristy MacNichol??) that apparently ran from 1991-94, but I have NO memory of it.
- OLD General Hospital episodes
- Bernie Mac show- Where have I BEEN? This man is a genius and someone PLEASE send me the Orginal Kings of Comedy DVD. Can't get it here and he is the best.
- Sports Night - what a great- short lived- smart show. I heart Felicity Huffman and Nate from 6FU and Benson as stars.
- Once and Again- I never saw this in the states. Gooey and also Sela Ward is a knockout.
And another station has, literally, QUINCY! Jack Klugman in his post-Oscar prime! Who can't remember watching The Crime-Fighting Coroner.
So, I look at it as keeping in touch with my Americanism. Well, the good old days anyway, when America could still crank out innocuous TV shows and we made smarter choices. Now if they could just put Fantasy Island and Joanie Loves Chachi on ...